Hack the Heat: Drinks to help you cool down
As the temperatures soar, it is very important to keep one self hydrated. We have put together a short list of easy to make summer drinks that will help you beat the heat. What’s more, they are the perfect recipes to help young chefs get started in their kitchen. So get those pitchers, glasses and trays ready!
Generations of Indians have sworn by its powers of refreshment and rejuvenation. To make four delicious glasses of Rooh Afza Sharbat you will need:
1. 10 tbsps of Rooh Afza syrup,
2. 4 glasses of chilled water,
3. 10-15 mint leaves
4. 4 tbsps lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients and serve chilled.
One of the few things that make the summer heat bearable is the sweet, succulent, absolutely heavenly taste of mangos. To make 4 glasses of mango milkshake, you will need:
1. 3 medium size Alphonso mangoes
2. 4 cups of cold almond milk or cashew milk or cow’s milk
3. 2 teaspoon of sugar
4. Pinch of saffron (optional)
5. Dry fruits like cashew, almond, pistachios
Blend the mangos, milk and sugar in a mixer till it becomes smooth. Enjoy your glass of magical milkshake after sprinkling some saffron and dry fruits on top.
Watermelon and Strawberry Lemonade
Add some zing to your regular lemonade. To make four glasses, you will need:
1. 16 cups of cubed and seeded watermelon
2. 2 cups of fresh strawberries
3. 8 tbsps lemon juice
4. 1 cup white sugar
5. 4 cups chilled water
Blend all the ingredients in a mixer. Pour it out into glasses, add ice cubes. Chill.
Try something exotic! For six servings, you will need:
1. 1 cup uncooked white long-grain rice
2. 5 cups water
3. 1/2 cup milk
4. 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
5. 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
6. 2/3 cup white sugar
Blend the rice and water in a mixer until the rice just begins to break up. Leave the mixture in a covered bowl in room temperature for a minimum of 3 hours. Strain the rice water into a pitcher and discard the rice. Stir the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar into the rice water